Sunday, November 23, 2008

Looking Ahead

The last post of Into the World is coming up next Wednesday. I thought it would be a good time to let you know what is coming up next.

Earlier this fall I got into an exchange with a couple of other persons commenting on the Templeton Foundation's last big question, "Does science make belief in God obsolete?" I think there are some interesting things to learn by thinking about both the Templeton Foundation's contributors' and the comments about the contributions--including mine.

In thinking about what can be learned, I realized that my thoughts merge pretty well with Paul Tillich's views, especially in Vol. II of of his Systematic Theology. So that's where we're going: a few posts on the Templeton Foundation's big question, "Does science make belief in God obsolete?" followed by some thoughts by Paul Tillich that I think are especially apt.

Last comment. As I did following the first run of Into the World (kindly hosted on Richard Beck's wonderful Experimental Theology blog) I am happy to offer any interested reader a copy of my little work. Just email me at RowAhead@charter.net and put "Into the World copy" in the title line.

No comments: