Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dough Boy to Do Death Row Regatta

On the principle that a life-changing resolution should be made public, I am letting friends and family know that I am going into training for Duluth Rowing Club's annual Death Row Regatta. (25 kilometers upstream from the port of Duluth along the mouth of the St. Louis River.)

The date is always late summer or early fall. Just got off the phone with the DRC president to confirm that the race will be held again this year.

FYI: I recall that I was actually holding in my stomach a bit when this picture was taken in late October, '08. I'll show before and after pictures, along with pictures from the race. Some middle-aged men get shiny new sports cars; I'm going to try to get a little more personal with the sporty look. :-)

No comments: